22 February 2010

Inquiry

In Room 1 the first part of our inquiry unit has been learning all about ourselves and what makes us special. We made posters in Art all about our favourite things. We had a guess the baby photo competition - it was hard but fun as we got to see how much we have all changed. We are also going to make 'All About Me' booklets.

In writing last week we made timelines. These showed us how much our abilities have and will change. We wrote about something we did when we were younger, something we do now and something which we will be able to do in the future. We then typed these out on the computers. It was fun to write on the computer instead of in our books for a change!

Here are some of our ideas:
When I was younger I sucked my thumb. Now I can ride a motorbike. When I am older I will drive a car. - Taine.

When I was younger I went to bed in a cot. Now I can ride a big bike. When I am older I will walk to school by myself. - Chloe.

When I was younger I wore nappies. Now I can make toast. When I am older I will be a hair dresser. - Ellie T.

Come and see more of our timelines on the wall of Room 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment